Pressure Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
Pressure Cooker Chicken Stroganoff – Tender chicken smothered in gravy along with mushrooms, onions, garlic, and egg noodles. Makes a delicious meal!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or 1/2 stick of butter)
- Chopped parsley
- Heat your electric pressure cooker on saute mode.
- Add butter and olive oil to the inner pot. Heat until melted.
- Add the chicken, salt, and fresh ground black pepper (to taste). Cook until completely done (at least 165 degrees).
- When the chicken is done, remove it to a bowl, cover, and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper to the inner pot. Cook on saute until tender.
- Add flour and thyme. Stir while cooking a few minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste.
- Deglaze with the wine and cook until evaporated (approximately 2 to 3 minutes)
- Add broth, Worchestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker, close, and set to sealing.
- Cook at high pressure for 9 minutes.
- When the cycle is finished, release the pressure manually.
- When all the pressure is released, remove the lid and stir.
- Add the sour cream (or butter) and the parsley. Allow to rest until the gravy is thickened. If needed, put the cooker on saute for a few minutes to thicken the sauce (stirring constantly).
- Serve garnished with parsley, if desired.
- Chef iQ Smart Pressure Cooker
- Note: This recipe was adapted from Chef iQ’s Beef Stroganoff.
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.