Pressure Cooker Lasagna
Pressure Cooker Lasagna – Classic Lasagna made in a springform pan and cooked in a pressure cooker. Topped with cheese that is melted with an air fryer lid.
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage
- 1/2 jar pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (My favorite is Penzeys Tuscan Sunset)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- Granulated garlic (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste if desired)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 box oven ready lasagna
- In a fry pan or in your electric pressure cooker, saute the sausage.
- Add pasta sauce. Season with Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper (to taste).
- Simmer on low to heat and slightly thicken the sauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and black pepper.
- Using a 6 inch round X 3 inch deep springform pan, layer the lasagna starting with sauce. Top with lasagna noodles, meat sauce, and ricotta mixture. Top again with a layer of lasagna noodles and continue until you have two layers. Finish with a final layer of noodles topped with just meat sauce.
- Cover the springform pan tightly with foil.
- In the inner pot of your electric pressure cooker, add a small rack.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the inner pot.
- Place the springform lasagna on top of the rack. Return the inner pot to the cooker.
- Put the lid on the cooker and set it to seal. Use the high pressure setting and cook for 25 minutes. When it finishes, allow it to naturally release.
- When the pressure cooker has fully released, carefully remove the lid.
- Top the lasagna with additional mozzarella cheese.
- Put the air fryer lid onto the cooker. If your pressure cooker does not have an air fryer function, melt the cheese using the oven.
- Turn your cooker on approximately 360 degrees. Air fry a few minutes until the cheese is melted an bubbly.
- Remove the air fryer lid carefully.
- Remove the lasagna with a lifter onto a hot pad. Allow to rest about 10 minutes.
- Unmold the lasagna from the springform pan. Use a large spatula to carefully remove the lasagna from the base of the springform pan to a platter.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.