Pressure Cooker Vegetable Stock
Pressure Cooker Vegetable Stock – Make healthy vegetable stock from scraps in your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker.
- 1/2 a pot full of vegetable scraps (for example carrots, celery, leaks, mushrooms, bell pepper, green onion)
- 1 Onion (skin on)
- 3 – 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 – 5 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 5 cloves garlic (to your taste)
- Fill the pot of your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker halfway full of the vegetable scraps.
- Add onions, thyme, bay leaves, peppercorns, and garlic.
- Add water to fill your cooker up to about 80% full. The amount of water depends on the size of your cooker. Fill so it is well under the max. fill line. Do not exceed the maximum capacity according to the manual of your cooker.
- Close the cooker, set the valve to seal, and use the manual setting.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Release the pressure when the cycle is finished.
- Open the lid carefully away from you.
- Put a strainer over a stockpot. Strain the stock into the stockpot to remove the vegetables.
- Allow to cool.
- This stock is great for use in other recipes. You can put it in Ziploc bags and freeze for future use.