Quarantine Crispy Chicken Tacos
Quarantine Crispy Chicken Tacos – Tender chicken cooked in a slow cooker. Great for putting on the morning and it is ready for lunch! Perfect with Amy’s Instant Pot Green Chile & Cilantro Rice.
- 2 – 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 – 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oil (high temperature)
- Southwest or fajita seasoning (your favorite to taste)
- 6 corn tortillas
- Your favorite taco toppings:
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sauteed onions & peppers
- Sour cream
- In a crockpot, add the chicken. Pour over the chicken broth and cover.
- Cook on high for at least 6 hours.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the slow cooker onto a cutting board.
- Chop or pull the chicken (as desired).
- Strain the broth through a sieve into a bowl.
- Put the chicken into a saute or frying pan over low heat. Ladle some of the chicken broth to cover the chicken.
- Season with your favorite southwest or fajita seasoning.
- Allow the chicken to simmer while you prepare the tacos.
- In a frying pan or cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Fry the corn tortillas one at a time. Place on a rack over a sheet pan to drain.
- Prepare the tacos with your favorite ingredients: cheese, guacamole, salsa, chopped tomatoes, sauteed onions & peppers, lettuce, sour cream, etc