Quick Chicken and Pork Chop Brine
Quick Chicken and Pork Chop Brine – A quick brine for small cuts of meat such as chicken and pork. Results in a juicy cut of meat.
- 4 small pork chops or chicken pieces
- 1 quart of ice cold water
- ½ cup kosher salt or ¼ cup table salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4–5 bay leaves
- 2 pinches black peppercorns
- 3 pinches allspice berries
- In a gallon Ziplock bag, add water, salt, and sugar. Give it a quick shake to mix it.
- Add bay leaves, peppercorns, and allspice berries.
- Add pork chops or chicken.
- Squeeze out air from the bag and seal.
- Refrigerator for 1 hour making sure to keep it at a food safe temperature.
- Once brine is complete, rinse the meat and pat dry. Return the meat to the refrigerator on a plate and wire rack to dry.