Raspberry Brownie Bars
Raspberry Brownie Bars – These bars are layered with a pastry cookie, a raspberry filling, and a fudgy brownie. Topped with chopped walnuts.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9″ square baking pan with two strips of parchment cut as wide as the pan. Position each piece opposite to form a sling.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend with a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 1 egg and blend with the pastry cutter.
- Put the pastry into the square baking pan. Press out in the bottom of the pan to form a flat crust.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. A toothpick will come out clean.
- When the pastry is done, remove to a rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add melted butter and the cocoa powder. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time. Beat between each addition.
- Add the rum, flour, and salt. Mix until the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the raspberry preserves over the pastry crust.
- Then cover the raspberry preserves with the brownie batter. Spoon the batter sporadically over the raspberry and smooth it carefully with the spatula. Avoid mixing the two layers.
- Top with chopped walnuts.
- Return it to the oven and bake approximately 30 to 40 minutes. When it is done, a toothpick will come out clean.
- Remove it from the oven and allow to completely cool on a wire rack.
- Using the parchment sling, remove the brownies from the pan onto a cutting board. Carefully slide the brownies off the parchment onto the board.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!