Rice Cooker Chicken & Rice Soup
Rice Cooker Chicken & Rice Soup – Tender chicken, vegetables, and perfectly cooked rice make this soup a family favorite. It is a perfect meal to warm you up!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb. frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Penzeys Sunny Paris (or your favorite seasoning blend)
- 2 – 3 cups cooked white rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In the bowl of your multi-function rice cooker (or dutch oven), heat olive oil. Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables and cooked chicken. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Cook on the soup/stew setting (or over medium heat) for 15 – 20 minutes until it is hot and the flavors combine.
- Add the cooked white rice about 5 minutes before the soup is done. Allow to heat through.
- Serve in your favorite soup bowl with crackers.