Roasted Asparagus and Red Pepper Tart
Roasted Asparagus and Red Pepper Tart – A simple Pate Brisee shortcrust that is buttery and flaky and filled with eggs, roasted asparagus, and red peppers.
- 1 recipe single crust Pate Brisee
- 2 pounds of asparagus, washed, trimmed, and cut the length of your tart pan
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 – 4 eggs, well beaten
- Splash milk
- Olive oil for roasting vegetables
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Roll out the Pate Brisee into the shape of your tart pan (I use a rectangle tart pan). Roll the dough on your rolling pin and slowly lower it onto your tart pan.Gently fit it into the tart pan and roll the edges to remove excess dough. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the refrigerator and dock it with a fork. Line the tart with parchment paper and add pie weights or beans to keep the dough from raising. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Take the beans out and return to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown the bottom.
- Put your asparagus and red pepper on a parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with olive oil and salt & pepper. Roast in the oven until crisp tender.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add a sprinkle of milk and season with salt & pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- In your cooled tart, lay asparagus crosswise in a row in the bottom. Then, sprinkle with red peppers and cover with egg. Then add another row of asparagus, red pepper, and egg. On the top layer, use the flower end of the asparagus and top with egg and red pepper.
- Bake tart at 350 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes until the egg sets up.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from tart pan, slice and serve. Enjoy!