Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup – A club store rotisserie chicken makes a comforting chicken noodle soup. This soup will warm your soul!
- 1 large rotisserie chicken , chopped (approximately 3 cups)
- 2 cups carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 stalks of celery, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Granulated garlic, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 – 8 ounces of egg noodles
- Remove the meat from the chicken and chop or shred the meat. Put into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add carrot and soften slightly.
- Add celery and soften slightly.
- Add fresh thyme and bloom for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Bring to a soft boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Season with garlic powder, salt & pepper
- Add egg noodles
- Cook until the noodles are al dente (approximately 8 – 10 minutes). Cover with the lid tilted to prevent too much evaporation.
- Ladle into soup bowls.