Smoked Bison Ribs
Smoked Bison Ribs – Fall off the bone tender bison ribs that are very lean. Smoked for hours giving it a nice smoky flavor.
- 2 – 3 racks of bison ribs
- Your favorite BBQ rub
- Your favorite BBQ sauce (if desired)
- Rinse the ribs and pat them dry.
- If desired, pull the membrane. On beef and bison ribs, the membrane can be hard to pull off. If you are not able to remove it, just leave it on.
- Rub and massage each rack of ribs with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Fire your smoker to 300 degrees. We use a vertical water smoker.
- Place the ribs meat side down on the racks in a manner that will allow the smoke to circulate. During the cook, juices will puddle on the bone side of the meat.
- Smoke the ribs for 2 -3 hours. If the temperature is higher, it could take 4 to 5 hours. It depends on the meat, the temperature, and the smoker.
- About 15 minutes before the ribs are done, apply BBQ sauce (if desired). Allow to cook about 15 minutes to set the sauce.
- Remove the ribs and allow them to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into bones and serve. Enjoy!