Smoking a Fatty on the Weber Smokey Mountain
Smoking a Fatty on the Weber Smokey Mountain – It is not what you think! This is a stuffed roll of sausage that is smoked on the WSM. This is great for breakfast as well as any meal!
- Category: BBQ
- Cuisine: American
- 1 roll of breakfast sausage
- 1/4 pound chorizo
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 jalapeno
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro, copped
- Queso Fresco
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- BBQ rub to taste
- In a medium saute pan, scramble and cook the chorizo. Set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the onions until translucent. Set aside. Then, cook the bell pepper until softened and set aside.
- Put the breakfast sausage roll on a piece of foil and flatten it into a rectangle. Top the sausage with the chorizo, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno garlic, cilantro, and Queso Fresco. Roll the sausage back onto a roll using the foil as a guide.
- Rub the stuffed sausage roll with mustard. Sprinkle the sausage with BBQ rub.
- Smoke at 250 degrees until the sausage reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees. This should take approximately 2 hours.
- Weber Smoky Mountain 22 Inch Smoker
- You can stuff your fatty with anything: Hard cooked eggs, different cheeses, etc. You can top with maple syrup as well as different spice blends to your taste.