Southern Fried Corn
Southern Fried Corn – Fresh off the cob corn sauteed with onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Topped with bacon! It is delicious!
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: American
- 4 – 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 ears fresh corn on the cob, kernels removed with the corn milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon in small pieces. Cook in a sauté pan or cast iron skillet until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In the same skillet, add butter and onion. Cook until translucent. Add red bell pepper. Cook until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and allow to melt. Add fresh corn, including the corn milk. Cook until heated and starts to brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Top corn with bacon.
- Plate and enjoy!