Spanish Rice – Basic white rice cooked using the pilaf method and seasoned with southwest flavors. Great with tacos, burritos, or fajitas.
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups rice, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 7oz can fire roasted green chiles
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning (your favorite)
- In a deep saute pan, add olive oil. Saute the onion until translucent. Add garlic and saute for 1 -2 minutes. Next, add the rice and saute until it starts to brown and gets fragrant.
- Once the rice is sauteed, add the chicken broth and stir. Add tomatoes, fire roasted chiles, and the fajita seasoning. Bring to a boil and cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Let rice steam for 15 – 20 minutes until the rice has absorbed all the water.
- Serve and enjoy!