Steak and Green Chile Quesadillas
Steak and Green Chile Quesadillas – Tender grilled flank steak, tons of cheese, and fire roasted green chile make this quesadilla one of the best!
- 1 pound fajita flap meat
- 1 recipe Eric’s Chicken & Steak Fajita Marinade
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 can fire roasted green chiles
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 6 – 8 flour tortillas, taco size
- Olive oil
- 2 cups cheese (your choice)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Marinate the fajita flap meat in Eric’s Chicken & Steak Fajita Marinade (or your favorite) for 2 hours.
- Fire your grill.
- Grill the meat over direct heat for 2 minutes per side (or to your desired doneness). Remove to a plate and tent with foil. Allow to rest about 10 minutes.
- On a cutting board, slice the meat against the grain into strips. Then cut it into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Brush 1 side of each tortilla with olive oil.
- Heat a flat griddle over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla oil side down. Top with cheese, meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and more cheese. Top with a second tortilla.
- Grill on each side until browned and the cheese is melted. Remove to a cutting board.
- Cut the quesadilla into 4 pieces using a pizza cutter.
- Plate the quesadilla and top with sour cream and chopped tomato.
- Garnish with cilantro.