Strawberry Cheesecake – Rich and creamy New York style cheesecake drizzled with my homemade Strawberry Glaze. Topped with chopped strawberries.
- 12 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 pounds of softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 recipe Amy’s Strawberry Glaze
- 1 – 2 pints fresh strawberries, cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of a large food processor, add the graham crackers.
- Pulse until the graham crackers turn into crumbs.
- Add the sugar and pulse to mix.
- Add the salt and melted butter. Pulse to moisten the crumbs.
- Put the crumbs into springform pan.
- Form the crust by spreading and pressing the crumbs. Use the bottom of a glass to press the crumbs.
- Bake the crust for approximately 10 minutes.
- When the crust is done, place on a rack to cool.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 250 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cream cheese. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour as well as the vanilla. Beat until fluffy after each addition.
- Add the lemon and orange zest. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks one at a time. Beat between each addition.
- Add the sour cream. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan over the crust.
- Spread carefully with an offset spatula.
- Bake in the low oven for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. The cheesecake is done when it is setup but the center still jiggles slightly.
- When the cheesecake is done, remove to a rack and allow it to fully cool.
- Cover the cheesecake with foil. Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After 8 hours in the refrigerator, remove the cheesecake and the foil.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan and move the cheesecake to a cake stand or platter.
- Drizzle with Amy’s Strawberry Glaze and top with chopped strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.