Strawberry Glaze or Sauce
Strawberry Glaze or Sauce – Perfect as a topping for cheesecake, pie, or ice cream. Sweet and slightly tangy sauce that can be made from fresh or frozen strawberries.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- In a saucepan, add frozen strawberries and sugar.
- Turn the pan on medium heat.
- Stir frequently as the sugar begins to melt.
- Once it gets to a simmer, cook for approximately 10 – 15 minutes while stirring frequently. The strawberries will start to break down.
- When the strawberries are softened, add fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Add to the saucepan.
- Allow it to return to a simmer. The sauce will start to thicken once it starts slowly boiling.
- Once is thickens, blend smooth with an immersion blender.
- Allow it to thicken to your desired consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Drizzle over your favorite dessert.