Stuffed Bell Peppers
Stuffed Bell Peppers – These bell peppers will satisfy your craving for comfort food. Made with Spanish Rice and Amy’s famous sauce.
- Cuisine: American
- 4 – 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups medium grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound ground meat (Turkey, chicken or beef)
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 green bell peppers
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and add onion. Saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute 1 – 2 minutes.
- Once the onions are softened, add the rice and saute until slightly browned. Add chicken broth and stir. Add Rotel, chili powder, granulated garlic, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Bring to a quick boil and reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until the rice is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- In another saute pan, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and heat over medium. Add ground meat and season with salt and pepper. Brown and drain.
- Cut the top off the bell peppers. Slightly cut a little off the bottom so it will stand. Remove the seeds and veins and wash. Steam the bell peppers in a steamer until a little softened.
- For the sauce, combine ketchup, water, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl or glass measuring cup.
- In a bowl, put browned meat, several scoops of rice, and a little of the sauce to flavor and loosen. You will probably have leftover rice that can be used as a side dish in another meal. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- In a casserole dish, lightly grease with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Remove peppers from the steamer and stand in the casserole dish. Fill each pepper. Drizzle the peppers with the sauce.
- Bake the peppers at 350 degrees for approximately 15 – 20 minutes until the peppers are softened and the sauce is heated.