Sweet Potato Crunch
Sweet Potato Crunch – Mashed sweet potatoes with a pecan topping. This dish could almost be a dessert! A great dish for your Thanksgiving dinner.
- Cuisine: American
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat a stockpot full of water over medium high. Add the sweet potatoes and cook until they are fork tender.
- Remove the sweet potatoes to a bowl. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, add chopped pecans, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon. Mix until crumbly.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cool, add milk, 1/2 stick melted butter, and the eggs. Mash and then whip with a hand mixer until resembles a souffle.
- Then add 1 cup of the brown sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan. Add the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with the pecan topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes until hot and bubbly and the topping is lightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!