Tagliatelle alla Bolognese – Pasta with Meat Sauce
Tagliatelle alla Bolognese – Classic pasta with meat sauce. Uses two meats: ground beef and pork. Sauce is simmered to perfection.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 –3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 chicken broth
- Dash of cream (if desired)
- 1 package (8 – 9 ounces) Tagliatelle pasta
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the carrot and celery and saute until softened. Then add the garlic and saute 1 – 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add ground beef and pork. Saute slowly until the meat is almost cooked. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the white wine and cook for 5 – 10 minutes on low until the meat absorbs the wine.
- Stir in the tomato paste and coat the meat. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and stir in the chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 30- 45 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, heat water in a stock or pasta pot and bring to a boil. Season the water with salt and olive oil (if desired).
- Add the Tagliatelle pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- When the sauce and pasta are done, add cream to the sauce (if desired). It will smooth off the taste of the wine if you use it.
- Drain and add the pasta to the sauce. Stir to coat.
- Plate the pasta. Serve and enjoy!