The BEST Beef Enchiladas
The BEST Beef Enchiladas – Enchiladas filled with marinated beef enchiladas homemade enchilada sauce. Topped with two cheeses: cheddar and pepper jack.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 batch Eric’s Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds flap or flank steak
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Sour cream (Optional)
- Guacamole (Optional)
- For the marinade:
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- In a zip bag, add the meat, lime juice, and chili powder. Marinade the flank steak for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Using a very hot cast iron skillet, add olive oil and cook the meat a couple minutes on each side until done.
- Heat the enchilada sauce in a saucepan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the meat from the grill onto a cutting board and slice against the grain.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay the corn tortillas and brush each side with olive oil. Warm them in the oven for approximately 3 minutes to soften.
- In a casserole dish, coat the bottom with 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. On a plate, place a corn tortilla and stuff and roll it with a few pieces of steak. Place the enchilada in the casserole and continue rolling until all the enchiladas are rolled. Cover the enchiladas with the remaining sauce. Top with the two cheeses with your desired amount of cheese.
- Bake for 15 – 20 until the cheese is melted, the sauce is bubbly, and the enchiladas have softened. When done, remove from the oven.
- Top with sour cream and guacamole. Serve and enjoy!