The BEST Homemade Belgian Waffles
The Best Homemade Belgian Waffles – Light and fluffy waffles. The secret is to separate the eggs and beat the whites to a soft foam.
- Category: Waffles
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- Vanilla to taste
- 1 stick melted butter, cooled
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Separate the eggs, putting the yolks and whites in separate small bowls. Make sure that no yolks get into the whites.
- Whip whites to soft peaks with an immersion blender with the whip or a hand whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. It might be a little lumpy. Do not overmix. Check consistency to make sure that the batter is not too stiff or thin.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Heat a waffle iron and lightly grease or spray the plates.
- Add a scoop of batter according to the manufacturer’s directions. Cook to your desired doneness.
- Serve with butter and syrup!