Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice Baked Potatoes – Loaded potato filling that is stuffed back into the shells. Baked a second time so the cheese melts.
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon, sliced into bacon bits
- 2 – 4 baked potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 stick melted butter (or to your taste)
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- Garlic pepper and salt to taste
- In a saute pan, add the bacon bits. Cook over medium heat until the bacon is crispy or to your desired doneness.
- Remove bacon from the saute pan onto a paper towel lined plate. Set aside and allow to drain.
- Allow your baked potatoes to cool slightly.
- Lay the potato on a plate and cut off the top to create a boat.
- Scoop the potato insides out into a medium bowl.
- Mash the potato and add melted butter, sour cream, seasoning, and a small 1/3 of the cheddar cheese.
- Add bacon and chives. Mash until combined.
- Place the potato boats on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Stuff the potato boats with the filling. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 until lightly brown and cheese is melted, approximately 15 minutes.