Ultimate Chili Dog
Ultimate Chili Dog – The best chili dog you have ever tasted! This epic chili dog uses hoagie rolls, 1/4 pound hot dogs, and a heaping portion of chili.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Hebrew National quarter pound beef hot dog (or your favorite)
- Homemade chili or your favorite
- 1 hoagie roll
- ¼ cup fire roasted green chiles
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Cheddar cheese as desired
- Heat grill pan over medium heat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the pan. Place flat side of hot dog on the grill pan.
- Cook hot dog until its internal temperature reaches at least to 160 degree.
- Remove the hot dog and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the grill pan.
- Grill bread in the grill pan cut side down until toasted.
- Assemble the chili dog by placing the roll cut side up. Top with the hot dog, chili, fire roasted green chiles, chopped onion, and cheddar cheese.