White Bean and Vegetable Soup
White Bean and Vegetable Soup – A hearty winter soup with lots of vegetable flavor that will comfort your soul. Serve with a slice of baguette.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced and cut into half moons
- 1 – 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 cups chicken broth
- Your favorite seasoning blend (to taste)
- 3 cans of white beans such as Great Northern (rinsed and drained)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- In a dutch oven or stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the carrots and saute until soften.
- Add the celery and saute until slightly soften.
- Add the garlic by crushing with a garlic press. Saute for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, thyme, and bay leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth. Stir and season with your favorite seasoning blend (I use Penzeys Sunny Paris).
- Add the beans and stir to combine.
- Bring the pot to a simmer. Cover and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Just before the soup is done, add the spinach and allow to wilt down.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Serve and enjoy!