World Famous Potato Salad
World Famous Potato Salad – Classic country style potato salad. Great for holidays, picnics, or a BBQ. This recipe will become a family favorite!
- 5 – 6 russet potatoes, peeled
- 4 zesty spears pickles, cut into small dice
- 1/2 red onion, cut into small dice
- 1 – 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 – 3 tablespoons mustard
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Pickle juice (to taste)
- Paprika (as a garnish)
- Sliced hard boiled eggs (as a garnish)
- Heat a large saucepan or stockpot 2/3 full of water over medium-high heat. Bring a boil.
- Add the potatoes. Cook until just before fork tender. You want them to be soft but still hold their shape.
- Drain and allow to cool. Refrigerate until cold.
- When the potatoes are cold, cut them into bite size chunks.
- Place the potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add the pickles, red onion, and olives. Do not stir. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and mustard. Add to the potatoes and stir. You may have to add additional dressing depending on the amount of potatoes.
- Adjust seasoning by adding pickle juice, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Garnish with paprika and sliced hard boiled eggs.